Yeah, I’m at Pleiku typing these words to review this very first day at highland. Feel so so cool now, I like this weather a lot. Pleiku is just a small city and the chief town of Gia Lai province. It’s 450km far from Nha Trang city and 800m above sea level.
Waking up at 6am, I packed some needed stuffs, then went with my brother to the departure. Our group this journey is 9 ppl including me and a driver. Then after checking some devices for their business, we started at 8am. Dropping by Quan Gio restaurant 30km far from Nha Trang, we had a delicious spagetty and a cup of coffee for each. Then the journey is truly started. The surface of the road on the way coming to pleiku is not good enough. I definitely feel excited that time on the bus. While everybody on the bus were taking a nap, I enjoyed a view from the bus window. Everything seemed weird to me, absolutely weird. Those knowledge I learnt in textbook when I was young, now appeared in front of me in turn: terraced fields, rubber forests, coffee forests, pepper forests… I took a lot of pictures. Maybe you think that I’m insane, what’s interesting there that appealed me so much like that. But to a person who lives in an urban like me, that’s awesome, I myself found out another beauties of our parts of our country.
There was one more thing that was interesting on the way going there. When we had lunch at krongpuk Commune ( Daklak Province), a woodpecker pecked our bus’s front window, and created a tiny hole. Then he got into our bus and took a nap there until we found him and he flied away after pecking another tiny hole… Oh man, he was so fast… What a woodpecker! ^_^
We came to Pleiku at nearly 4pm, then had some check-in procedures at Thai Binh hotel on Hai Ba Trung street. Guess what, it’s the only hotel which has wireless internet connection in Pleiku, but man, without any air-conditioner at all. We took a bath, then hanged out for dinner. But it’s ridiculous. There is no foreigners on the street, not even in downtown.
At night, this city is deserted. We got out our hotel at 7:30pm and just a few ppl outside. But I like weather here, the weather is a little bit cold and foggy like Da Lat eventhough it’s not as high as Da Lat. My brother’s friends picked us up to a coffee shop Hoang Nhat on Nguyen Du street. Coffee flavor here is same like in Nha Trang, and so is its style. Then I asked the man named “Son” for some tourist places here. Guess what, the answers did upset me a lot. He said that Pleiku’s government does pay much passion on tourist field here, so they don’t have any policies to improve and to enhance infrastructure here. There is no recreation center at all. More terrible, these traditional cultures about citizens and this race aren’t preserved like in Ban Me Thuoc and da Lat. So I understand thoroughly the reason why this place is so so poor like this, and not any foreigners on the street al all. What a pity for one of the most important areas that have many policies to shorten rich-poor distance for people here. So sad.
Tomorrow my brother’s friend will give me his motorbike sothat it’s easier for me to make a tour here. I need a map. So I’ll update everything tomorrow huh. Yeah, tired, need some sleep. I’m living in this room, and 2 of three are having a tight sleep, the last one is blogging (hi hi)… Now, let’s go to sleep.
P/s: damn the wireless network connection… it drived me to crazy since I came here. How could it be like this (I mean lúc thì có lúc thì không) in this single hotel that has wireless connection.. grrrrrr… Holy crap.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment